- NEVER talk finance without checking available rates! Always be armed with quotes and figures for the amount you want. To avoid being misled, know your credit score before you head to the showroom.
- NEVER negotiate a car deal based on payment! Focus on the price of the car rather than the monthly payment. "Never answer the question, 'How much can you pay each month.” Some people are not bothered about the rate or term but are happy with the monthly payment. They are loosing hundreds of pounds!
- NEVER except the Monthly payment as gospel! Double check using the formula and question everything.
- NEVER buy the extended warranty! Shop on line. If you really want there warranty, negotiate remember there’s over 100% mark up on this product.
- NEVER buy paint or fabric protection! What a waste of money just a glorified wax job. If you do want it, negotiate! Over priced.
- NEVER pass up on GAP Insurance! Possibly the only thing that’s any good. However large mark up at the dealership, negotiate or buy on line.
Remember non of these products are compulsory and they will cost you money! They all have a feature and benefit at the right price. These people play this game for a living. Even if you go into a deal armed with good information and knowledge you can still be manipulated. You’re an amateur negotiator, and you’re playing with professionals.